Here is a list of some of the news media reports on the CWC Second RevCon so far.
- Secretary-General urges States to work toward world free of chemical weapons – UN News Service, April 7, 2008.
- Eliminating chemical weapons: Middle East still a black hole- RNW Defence and Security Specialist Hans de Vreij, April 7, 2008.
- UN chief calls for world free of chemical weapons – China View News, April 7, 2008.
- OPCW confer to sum up results of activity over past five years – ITAR-TASS News Agency, April 7, 2008.
- New push to scrap chemical weapons – China Daily, April 5, 2008.
- Chemical weapons mission to be redefined – The Times, April 5, 2008.
- Arab states urged to destroy chemical weapons – ArabianBusiness.com, Foo Yun Chee, April 5, 2007.
- New global push sought to scrap chemical weapons – Reuters – The Washington Post, April 4, 2008.
- Chemical weapons watchdog group urges holdout countries to join treaty – Jurist: Legal News and Research, Jamie Jansen, April 4, 2008.
- AP Interview: N. Korea’s chemical disarmament should be separated from nuclear issue – Associated Press, April 4, 2008.
- Uganda: Govt Drafts Law On Chemical Weapons – The Monitor (Kampala), Al-Mahdi Ssenkabirwa Munyonyo, March 31, 2008.
OPCW has also posted a list of media reports on the 2nd RevCon.
In other news… Despite the fact there has not be much talk about the RevCon in the U.S. as far as I have seen, Paul Walker of Global Green USA mentioned today that Director General Pfirter had a very full and productive few days in Washington. In addition to the very candid public comments he made on April 1, Pfirter was also able to meet with several U.S. officials while he was there.